POLYPROPYLENE CARPET BACKING YARNS
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Low & Bonar Dundee Ltd has been manufacturing quality PP backing yarns for Axminster & Wilton woven carpets, since 1970.
Our commitment to quality and extended range of products has made Low & Bonar Dundee Ltd the Global Market Brand Leader with a worldwide renowned reputation. Low & Bonar Global Brand is built on attention to detail to our quality and service.
Polypropylene is water resistant, acid, mould and fungus resistant, and clean to work with.
Bonar’s polypropylene yarns are far more uniform and stronger than jute, increasing your loom efficiency and speed.
These inherent properties make Bonar’s polypropylene yarn ideal for carpet backing, particularly for heavy duty contract carpet.
ALWAYS THE RIGHT YARN
Bonar’s enhanced product range ensures our fibrillated yarns are available to meet the specific needs of the end user.
For each type of carpet, Low & Bonar Dundee Ltd offers you the right yarn solution.
SPOOLS make a difference
All our yarns are available on two different types of spool:
- DS Jumbo Cone for twisted yarns (precision and crosswound)
- Parallel for untwisted yarns
BUT DON’T TAKE IT FROM US
Low & Bonar Dundee Ltd is omnipresent. Thanks to close cooperation with our customers throughout the world, we have been able to realise beautiful projects together and we aim to pursue this in the nearest future.
Griffith Textile Machines, Lufness New Golf Club, Scotland (Design and Manufacture).
Griffith Textile Machines, Fulford Golf Club, UK (Design and Manufacture)
Brintons, Swisshotel, Bangkok.
ALWAYS A STEP AHEAD
We continually strive for excellence in product performance.
We therefore keep refining our products to meet the growing demands of our partners.
- Environmental sustainable yarns for a more eco-friendly carpet.
- Flame Retardant Yarns for the aircraft, cruise and train flooring market.
- UV Stabilised Yarns for outdoor carpet and rug applications. The UV inhibitor will stop the PP yarn degrading when exposed to Ultra Violet rays.
Our production plant in Dundee, Scotland is managed by a team of production leaders, process engineers and quality managers, in order to guarantee our customers the best quality product possible.
We are proud to make the best yarns in the world and will continue to work our hardest, to make our products even better – every day.
Check, check, TRIPLE-check
All our carpet yarns are tested for Shrinkage, dTEX, Tensile Strength, Tenacity, Fibrillation pattern Spin oil and Twist.
- The shrink is tested at extrusion and after heat setting.
- The strength is tested by putting the yarns under considerable tension, guaranteeing product stability.
- Spin Oil is mainly for dust reduction, providing for even running to reduce friction on the warp.